Are you a youth activist that is passionate about fighting child, early forced marriage (CEFM), Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and other forms of Gender Based Violence? If so keep reading because we need your help in the fight to end such harmful practices.
Youth For Change UK are looking for 2 inspiring and motivated young people to join their team!
As a Youth For Change Team Member you will:
- Mobilise community networks and other partners to influence national governments and other decision-makers on CEFM and FGM
- Implement and deliver national youth-led campaigns
- Attend national events to represent the voices of young people
- Help to design and deliver our new Outreach model for young people
The ideal candidate will:
- Be between the ages of 15 – 24
- Have an interest in or experience of working on CEFM, FGM or on broader Gender-Based Violence issues
- Be passionate about campaigning to end CEFM, FGM and Gender-Based Violence
- Have time to work hard as a panel member and able to come to London for monthly meetings
- Be connected or keen to be connected to others working on girls’ rights issues
- Be confident and flexible
If you are ready for a challenge and want to join Youth For Change in the UK please complete the following application form and send it to Misha.firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight on 18th December 2016. Interviews will be held in the London Office on Friday 6th and Monday 9th January 2017. Applicants will ideally be available to attend an induction meeting on January 14th 2017.