16 Days of Activism image competition terms and conditions:
The full list is below. The main things to remember are that you must be the copyright holder for the image that you use (e.g. it was taken by you) or that you have permission from the images owner to use it (e.g. you have permission from the images owner, or the image is freely available, for example under a Creative Commons license.)
Youth For Change / Plan UK, Finsgate, 5-7 Cranwood Street, London, EC1V 9LH (Registered Charity no.27603) is the promoter (“Promoter”) of this free competition. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, all persons who enter a photo using via Twitter or by email before the stipulated closing deadline of 30 September 2016 will be entered into a free competition as set out on the Youth For Change website (the “Competition”) to win the prizes detailed on the website.
This Competition is open to any young person globally. For the purposes of this competition we define young people as any person between the ages of 15-30.
See below for full terms & conditions - please pay particular attention to points 12, 14 and 14!
- No payment is required to enter the Competition.
- The winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received before the Competition closing time, at the discretion of the Promoter. The winner(s) will be notified via email or social media.
- Eligible entries and winner(s) agree to their photo being printed for display, and used in the Promoter’s social media and its website.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, or other documents related to the Prize.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Competition and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice. By continuing to take part in the Competition subsequent to any revision of these Terms and Conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- As a winner, you will release the Promoter and its affiliates, partners and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof save where due to the negligence of the Promoter or its affiliates, partners and employees.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid by a court of law or similar, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This Competition is governed by the law of England and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- One submission per person.
- By submitting your picture you confirm you have permission of any people featured to use their image, and for Plan International UK to use the image as part of the Youth For Change project.
- We cannot accept images which feature illegal, offensive, pornographic, abusive, violent or threatening content. In particular, please ensure that images do not display children inappropriately dressed, and do not represent children in a pornographic, derogatory, disrespectful or offensive manner.
- Please ensure that images do not to supply information that could enable children and families to be identified and located. This includes not using real names/specific community names with their photos, and not using full names along with community names.
- You should also ensure anyone featured who is under the age of 18 or deemed a vulnerable adult cannot be identified from the image, or that you submit written consent to use their image to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a media consent form here.
Thank you! We look forward to receiving your photo.